Today I was working on my one on of
a newest buy which is my 1st ever G-Shock. Let's take an occasion to introduce
how it happen that I decide to go for one.
I was on a pursuit for some shock-resistance piece. I know that my wrist
is very small but I decided to go for a G-Shock. At 1st glance I was thinking
about square Casio s5600 - radio controlled with solar charging. The only way
to get this piece is ebay.com. All s5600 has to be transferred from Japan,
which is not a problem for me. But also in the March 2020 we had (in fact - we
still have) economical crisis caused by coronavirus.
The $ went sky rocking ! I decided to put on hold my s5600 and start to
look for some alternative with solar and radio. There was G-6900, but i do not
like so much its looks.
I was surfing the net and saw classic DW-6600 wore by Seals! On ebay
there was one piece with quite a bad condition:
I checked caseback and it said JAPAN:
Watch came from Israel:
Renovation began: new watch bezel, new ring for watch strap, new caseback seal.
The LCD screen did not show nice contrast. I decided to do something with that. I bought polarizer for some smartphone, measure LCD screen, draw its shape using CAD software. Having that I was cutting off polarizer film (in total 3 attempts):
Final cut and peel off sticers from polarizer shown no damage to the film, I glue film to the watch screen and final results is shown below:
The digits are much more crisp and vital. I love that.
Final show-down will be (I hope) done tommorrow - I need to polish front glass.







No comments:
Post a Comment